Defend: Immune System Support
What it is:
As we age, our immune system begins to decline – a process known as immune senescence, which has been linked to illness and disease. Secret for Longevity: Defend is formulated to support the body's immune system. The 30-day supply contains a powerful blend of antioxidants and phytonutrients which have been found to provide antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral results.*
What it's formulated to do:
Secret for Longevity: Defend contains over 20 of the most vital nutrients found to promote immune health including the following:*
Green Tea Extract contains catechins, a group of polyphenols including Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is the most abundant as well as most potent type of disease-fighting flavonoid and antioxidant in green tea. Researchers have found antiviral effects of EGCG in a diverse family of viruses including: Hepatitis C, HIV, Influenza, Epstein–Barr, Herpes simplex, and Staphylococci. EGCG has also been found to be anti-infective against bacteria and fungi.
Reishi Mushroom contains bioactive properties which may reverse many of the factors of immune senescence. Reishi extracts boosts the function of innate immune cells -- the immune system’s first line of defense.
Lycopene has been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers, cardiovascular disease, and metabolic disorders such as diabetes, and neurodegenerative decline.
Grape Seed Extract may be used to treat a range of health problems related to free radical damage, including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Grape seed extract has also been shown to protect against bacterial infections, such as Staphylococcus aureus -- a common cause of skin infections, respiratory diseases, and food poisoning.
Quercetin prevents immune cells from releasing histamines - chemicals that cause allergic reactions. Due to this observation, researchers think quercetin may also help reduce allergy symptoms including runny nose, watery eyes, hives, and swelling of the face and lips. Studies also show that quercetin supplementation reduces blood pressure in people who have hypertension. Scientists have long considered quercetin, and other flavonoids contained in fruits and vegetables important in cancer prevention because they have been shown to inhibit the growth of cancer cells including breast, colon, prostate, ovarian, endometrial, and lung tumors.
Selenium is an immune supportive mineral. It stimulates the development and function of all types of white blood cells which protect us from bacteria and viruses, including the flu. Selenium works synergistically with Vitamin E, A and C as a powerful antioxidant.
Vitamin C deficiency results in reduced resistance against certain pathogens while a higher supply enhances functions of the immune system. Scientists agree that the regular intake of moderate doses of vitamin C can lessen the severity and shorten the duration of the common cold.
How to use:
Take 1-2 capsules daily preferably with meals or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and crustacean shellfish.
- Do not exceed recommended dose. St. John’s Wort may contribute to photosensitivity resulting in skin irritation and redness in persons exposed to strong sunlight or tanning booths.
- Avoid use in patients at risk of bleeding, taking anticoagulants, or with clotting disorders, based on case reports of bleeding.
- Discontinue use 2-3 weeks prior to some surgical and dental procedures due to increased risk of bleeding. Use cautiously in patients with history of seizure, based on reports of seizure due to Ginkgo seed ingestion.
- Use cautiously in children.
- Avoid use in couples who are trying to conceive, based on theoretical reduction of fertility.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under 18, individuals taking MAO Inhibiting Drugs, or with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement.
Other ingredients: Gelatin (bovine), vegetable magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and silicon dioxide.
ALLERGEN WARNING: Contains Soy (Lecithin)
Made in the USA in a FDA registered laboratory and GMP certified facility.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.